Today we want to write a little review and recommendation to the vector editing software, Inker. Which I have been testing these last few weeks and the truth is, it turns out to be extremely good. Enough to be able to make professional illustrations or, as in my case, practice lettering. What has led me to want to share this program is how inexpensive it is. Being able to serve as an alternative to much more expensive vector editing software.
The price of inker is only $10, and you can buy it from the Google play store, or if you have a MAC. You can download and install it on that computer. Of course, this affordable price is mainly due to the fact that the program discards some functions that other more professional vector editors have. As can be the case with Gravity designer or Adobe Illustrator, but as I mentioned at the beginning, it is possible to reach a level of professional illustration if you dedicate enough time and practice to it.
If you are a Windows user, don’t worry, you can purchase the software through a desktop installation using Google chrome. So in the end you can comfortably use the program on that operating system. That doubt clarified; let’s start with the review…
Advantages of using inker.
Let’s start by talking about the good that this application or software offers us. For this we have decided to list each of its advantages in a descriptive list:
- Friendly interface. If you are someone who is just starting out in the world of digital design or illustration, you are surely looking for a program that is friendly and easy to understand. Inker’s interface could be described as very transparent and explicit; since everything that the program has to offer you are at a glance. There are no hidden features or sub menus here, everything is visible on screen.
- Easy to master. Its friendly interface is just one more contribution to how easy this editor is to master. Each tool you have is easy to use, and all have the most fundamental features in vector editing. The simplification work behind this program is fascinating to me.
- Accessible price. As it could not miss, its price, almost given away. It is another of the advantages that we can find in inker.
- The fact that inker is present on multiple platforms, both mobile and desktop. It only gives us greater versatility when using the program. Although it may fall short when compared to other desktop tools. It is in the mobile field where it has no competition. It is one of the most complete mobile vector editors you will find.
Those are the main advantages that I have been able to find from this tool. As for its disadvantages, honestly I have not been able to find any important ones. Perhaps its Achilles heel is its own simplicity, which as I mentioned, inker sacrifices some features in favor of being easier for its users to learn.
How to download and install the program?
As I mentioned before, inker is cross-platform, which means you can get hold of it on multiple computers. Being more precise: Android, MAC, Windows and web browsers. Below I will explain how to download and install inker according to the system you have.
- On Android. The process on Android is extremely simple, since all you have to do is access the Google play store and search for “inker”. To later carry out the typical installation process of an Android app. I assume that it is not necessary to detail this process due to its simplicity.
- For MAC. If you own a MAC, you can download the installer by accessing the official inker website, which I leave here.
- On Windows systems. In the case of Windows, you only need to have the Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. And proceed to install inker as an offline browser application. The process is just as simple, in fact you just have to access the chrome web store and follow the instructions (click here).
- For web browsers. Finally, the simplest method of getting hold of inker is to access it directly from your web browser. You can do this from the application’s website (click here).
=> Join the Waitlist for Early Access.
Now to close this entry, I can conclude that inker is an excellent application and vector editor. Ideal for beginners and hobbyists of digital illustration, for graphic designers, poster artists and basically anyone who wants to start using a vector editor. If you’re looking for a tool with more depth or complexity, I’m afraid inker isn’t for you, but if not, it’s great.
Tanner AbrahamData Scientist and Software Engineer with a focus on experimental projects in new budding technologies that incorporate machine learning and quantum computing into web applications.
=> Join the Waitlist for Early Access.