If you practice any type of outdoor activity that requires exploration or walking. Such as running, hiking, mountain biking, paragliding, nautical, flies among others. Without a doubt, you should seriously consider purchasing the OruxMaps GP application. If you wonder what the usefulness of this application is or want to know more about it, we invite you to stay and read this article. We will take care of describing it in its entirety and commenting on why we consider it an essential piece for those who practice hiking.
Although at first it may seem like a more GPS-type app, the truth is that it stands out for certain functions. Which are more focused on making routes or tracks than those more deeply into this type of hobbies will understand how practical that is.
This app has stood out for being the favorite of many mountaineers and commenting on why it is important is unnecessary. For the simple fact that a mountaineer without GPS is just an individual prone to getting lost. Something that no person is willing to do, except when the purpose of these activities is to relax, enjoy the environment, the panorama and, in short, enjoy the walk.
However, the application does not offer maps only for the rural or mountainous area; we can also find urban maps in the app and use it as an ordinary GPS. In the purest style of Google more.
What does OruxMaps GP offer us?
If until now you are not convinced by the acquisition of this app, let us present you in detail what its functions are. In this way you will understand why this app stands out over an ordinary GPS.
- You will be able to search and create routes, starting with various points positioned on the map, using Graphopper’s online services or offline using the Router application. It is worth mentioning that not all maps have the offline function, the app itself will notify you by allowing or not downloading the map.
- Connect to AIS devices, which will serve you for nautical activities. This via Wi-Fi, BT or USB cable connection.
- OruxMaps gap allows you to locate or download tracks from the gpsies.com website
- It has an option to share your current location with your friends or fellow travelers. In such a way that you can see their position on the map and they yours.
- It has the function to modify or edit existing tracks, thus being able to add new points or waypoints to the different tracks you create.
- When you are following a route, the OruxMaps app has an alarm which will notify you when you are too far from the route. That way you can avoid getting lost.
- Correct the altitudes of the various tracks you have created, by means of DEM files or online services.
- The app also allows you to create and save points that you consider interesting, it even has the option to attach videos, audios and photos.
- You can define alarm perimeters or exclusion zones, through KMZ and KML files.
- It has basic support for geocaching.
- In OruxMaps gap allows you to load SHP files (shape file) as map layers.
- The application has a battery saving mode to be able to save longer tracks.
As you can see, it is a very complete app, which, as we said, is intended for hikers with its functions.
How to get the app?
If by this point you are convinced and want to get hold of the OruxMaps gap application, you just have to do something very simple. It is first to find it in the Google play store or through the following link « Click here «. We will notice that the app is not free, but requires a payment of only $3.60. That to the change they come to represent an approximate of 3.20 euros. A really accessible and free price, even more so if you take into account everything that the app offers.
We will not go into detail about what to do after the purchase, since the installation process is automatic, so after making the purchase in a matter of minutes you will already have the app installed on your device and ready for use. We also recommend you visit the official website of OruxMaps gap. Since there you will find useful information regarding the application, its use and other things.