Those who have a certain degree of authority support the idea that rules or laws protect us. For example, parents have the authority to set rules within their home and expect those who live in their custody to abide by those rules.
Everything could look rosy. However, if we see it from the other perspective, it may not seem like such a good idea anymore.
Children, whether out of rebellion or for any other reason, often rebel against authority. It seems that the very idea of having to submit to certain limitations makes them allergic. That is why, almost always, they differ from the point of view of their parents, taking the opposite.
But this does not only happen in the case of young people, adults are bothered by having to abide by the laws, so they complain about paying taxes and services, traffic signs, among other things.
The truth is that it seems that the nature of the human being is that, to rebel against authority. That is why they always want to go beyond the established limits. Of course, the technological field is no exception.
It is common to find certain security conditions in electronic devices. As if they told us that we can go up to a certain point, and it is precisely this that serves as an incentive to want to go further.
Hence, different ways have been found to overcome these limits. One of those ways is by rooting your device. Have you heard about it? Is it a new term for you? Today we will be talking about it.
In addition, we will explain how you can do it, what benefits it brings you and what are the aspects that you must take into account, since every action, good or bad, has its consequences. Let’s start.
Android Root Instructions
Rooting is known as the process that is carried out to obtain privileged control of the Android device, be it this phone, tablet or another. The goal is to overcome the limitations that telephone operators and hardware manufacturers place on devices. That way they will get super user permissions.
But what are the benefits of rooting Android, if any? Of course there are. That is precisely the reason why more and more users carry out this process.
Rooting Android implies setting aside all limitations. Thanks to root you can delete the applications you don’t want, you can also install the ones you like, you can make any kind of customization, you can completely forget about annoying updates, optimize the battery, and block advertising, among other benefits.
Simply put, you will be in control of your device. This is why this process is gaining so much popularity. But how can you root Android? Right now we will be telling you what are the steps to follow.
One of the methods that you can implement, to root Android, is through King Root. This is the simplest and most popular method out there, since thanks to it you can root almost any type of Android device.
- The first thing you need to do is download the King Root app from its official website.
- You will then need to open the application and run it. Doing this may cause the device to reboot. Do not panic! This is totally normal. At the end of the reset process, reopen the application so you can continue with the process you already started.
- Then you will have to wait a few minutes until the process is fully completed. Once it is finished, then you will be able to run and use any root application.
- To check that you have root access, we recommend that you download the Root Checker app and voila!
You can also use the iRobot app to root your Android. In fact, this process will only take a couple of seconds.
- Before downloading the application, the first thing you should do is activate the option of your mobile for applications from unknown sources.
- After doing this, download and install iRobot. This is considered the best Android rooting app.
- Entering the iRobot app interface will let you know that the phone is not rooted. Therefore, what you should do is press the “Get Root Access” button
- After that, you will have to wait a few seconds until the process is complete. You will be able to see the notice in the window, once it has finished successfully.
- Once you have root access, the phone will reboot and that’s it!
Another app that you can use is Framaroot. It is a new service that, with a simple click, makes it possible for you to root your Android device in a few seconds. To use it:
- The first step is to download the app.
- Then you will need to install it. As in the previous case, it may be necessary to go to Security Settings and activate the Unknown sources button, in order to complete the installation of the application.
- Then you will need to open the app and tap Root. At this point, you will be able to find out if your device is capable of being rooted with this application. If it can’t, then you’ll need to implement another method.
- In case you can be rooted, download and run Supersto be able to manage your root access successfully and that’s it. So simple, so easy!
As you may have realized, you do not need a computer to be able to root your Android device. You can use any of these applications and, in the same way, fulfill your objective.
Of course, you can also carry it out from a PC. However, the procedure is different and could be more complex.
Remember that these are not the only apps you can use to gain super user access. In case you encounter any obstacles to root your Android, carefully look for other applications, equally easy to use and reliable. But what do you need to root Android? Let’s see…
What do you need to Root Android?
Before starting the Android rooting process, you should be aware that not all apps are compatible with all kinds of Android devices. For example, King Root, the app we recommended above, is one of the few that supports Android 7.0 users.
So if you are looking for good options, you can visit some forum that deals with the topic online.
Before rooting your Android, make a backup of everything that you consider important, be it photos, Word documents, phone numbers, etc. This, to prevent any setback. Remember that this is better than regret.
On the other hand, make sure your device has enough battery. You do not want it to download and the process to be interrupted, ruining what has been advanced.
In case you want to root your device with the help of a computer, then you need to make sure that the computer can properly communicate with your device. To do this, use the appropriate USB driver.
You will also need to unlock your Boot loader. This is a program that takes care of loading your device’s operating system and makes it possible to run certain applications during the startup process.
After that, you can start the rooting process. If we make a brief comparison, we can see that it is easier to root Android through the use of certain applications. However, the decision is solely and exclusively yours.
Remember that whatever process you choose, you must be careful to follow each of the steps to the letter. Also, be patient when you have to wait. Do not try to force the process and you will surely be able to complete it successfully in order to enjoy the benefits of having super user access on Android.
But what things should you consider before rooting Android? Let’s see.
Android Root Tips
We have already talked about the benefits of rooting Android. But, to be objective, it is necessary to talk about the other side of the coin. That is, the drawbacks or disadvantages of performing this procedure.
If you don’t have basic knowledge of Android and your device, you could risk damaging its operating system and rendering your device useless. In other words, the remedy will be worse than the disease.
On the other hand, you lose the warranty right if your device is new and you root it. Therefore, you can consider lost the benefits of hardware repair that you may have, in case of any future inconvenience.
Also, before you install an app, you’re usually the one who grants it certain privileges, like having access to your photos or personal information. In case of being a root user this does not happen the same?
You will be putting the security of your device at risk, since there are no action limits that applications generally have. In short, they will have access to everything, which does not seem to be very advantageous to say.
You also need to keep in mind that you need to be a root user less and less, since Android, with each of its versions, is giving its users more opportunities.
Remember that rooting is a reversible process, so if you later regret it you can take everything back, how? That’s another topic that we can talk about later. In a new opportunity.
However, only you can decide what to do with your device. Analyze each of the options you have, the pros and cons. Leave nothing to chance so that you can free yourself from the guilt of regret.