It is a reality that mobile phone cameras have made it possible to innovate when it comes to capturing photographs and capturing new videos. In addition to the large number of sensors that have come to this type of device, such as depth or wide-angle sensors, there are also functions that are very interesting for your Android device, such as recording in fast motion and slow motion.
These effects can be very good when capturing moving images, so we are going to give you all the instructions you need to know to know how to record in fast motion and slow motion on Android.
Along the following lines we are going to explain the procedure that you must carry out in a general way, taking into account that, depending on the manufacturer of your Android terminal, the steps may vary slightly. You need to have a smartphone with fast motion and slow motion recording.
Instructions to record in fast motion and slow motion on Android
How to record a fast camera on your Android phone
Recording in fast motion or doing what is known as a « time-lapse » is a technique that allows recordings to be carried out at a faster speed than usual. In this way, in a short video you can capture what happens over a long period of time.
In the event that you have a smartphone that has the fast camera function; it is common for this option to be located in the more section of the internal Camera application. Then you just have to click on the shutter button to start the recording; and stop it at the moment you want, seeing the results in the device’s image gallery.
The steps to follow on an Android smartphone to record in fast motion are as follows, although they may vary depending on the brand:
- First of all you will have to go to the camera application of your mobile device with Android operating system.
- Once you are in it you will have to go to the lower right corner of the screen to click on the more option.
- When you have already done so, you will have to touch on the Quick camera function. If you click on the “+” icon at the bottom right you can add this function to the mode tray in the case of the Samsung brand.
- Once you are in the fast camera mode itself, you will only have to click on the shutter button and start recording the image. You will be able to see several time indicators, one of them informing you about the total duration of the recording; and on the other hand the duration that it will have in fast motion.
- Once the recording is finished, you will be able to see the results of the recording in fast motion in the gallery of your smartphone.
How to record slow motion on your Android phone
Slow motion consists of slowing down the recording speed to be able to appreciate in more detail the movements of the subject or element that is being recorded. To do this, the camera is based on an increase in the number of frames that are captured every second. Thus, the duration of a slow-motion video, as is logical, has a longer duration, and therefore it is a file that takes up more space.
To record a slow motion on a smartphone with this operating system, the steps to follow will be to open the camera application, and then go to the more section and go to Slow motion. Then you will only have to start and end the recording; and finally view the video from the gallery itself.
The specific steps to follow to record in slow motion are as follows (although they may vary between models):
- First of all you have to open the camera application of your smartphone with Android operating system.
- Once you are in it you will have to go to the more option, which you will find in the lower right part of the screen.
- Tap on the Slow Motion On this screen you will have to click on the “+” icon at the bottom right, being able to add Slow Motion to the mode tray if you wish if you have a Samsung smartphone. You can also use Super Slow mode in some cases to record at a lower speed.
- Once you are in Slow or Super Slow Motion mode, you must click on the shutter button to start recording the scene.
In this simple way you will be able to carry out a slow-motion recording, which can offer very interesting creations. The great advantage of these is that it allows you to appreciate details that are not possible with the naked eye.
What do you need to record in fast motion and slow motion on Android?
- Smartphone with fast motion and slow motion recording function.