When you have a smartphone or are going to buy one and them start telling you that if 4G, 5G, ADSL, the wireless network… how? What does all this mean? Unfortunately, today, not everyone is so into technology and does not have to know about it either.
The biggest doubts arise with 4G. Not everyone really knows what it is for or they believe that it is used for something that is not entirely true. Just as doubts come in, is it activated or deactivated if you have it?
To help you a little with these doubts, if you continue reading we will explain how to deactivate 4G on your terminal and also some brief explanations so that it is clearer to you what it is, what it is for and decide if you prefer to activate or deactivate it.
One of the biggest problems with the issue of connecting through 4G is none other than battery life. In some terminals, a quite notable decrease in duration has been noticed. Hence, many are those who prefer to uninstall it. Then doubts assail many.
For example, to get the internet and connect among the various ways to do it, it is to do it through the Wi-Fi connection or through connections such as 4g or 3g. What about both? That the difference is that, for wireless connectivity such as Wi-Fi, less battery is consumed, but with 4g, much more is consumed.
So what is the big difference? Well, so that you have it clear, the coverage. Plain and simple.
Instructions to disable 4G on Android
- The coverage that by the way is not nonsense. As essential as being able to connect and have an internet connection. And not only that. But to be able to navigate more or less quickly. No one likes to take a long time to download an application or document, receive messages, photos, and videos, connect to social networks, read email, etc.
- Something that many are mistaken is that they believe that the simple fact of having 4G will consume the battery of their mobile phone. In part, it is not true. We explain ourselves better. When the great battery consumption occurs, it is, for example, to put ourselves in a situation. You are somewhere where you do not have much internet connection or good coverage.
- You have, for example, 3g or 4g and on your device you already have the option activated for your mobile to automatically search for a good coverage. Since switch is on, that’s what you’ll do if you don’t have good coverage. That’s when the phone going from 4g to 3g or vice versa will consume a lot of battery.
- Having said all this, there are many who are not happy with having 4G on their device and because of the area where they live, or because the coverage does not arrive well, there are problems, they are short of connection… whatever, because they prefer and they need to remove or disable it. How to do it?
- We do not know if it will be done in the same way on all mobile phones, but we will talk about Android devices and specifically, how it is done on Samsung phones.
- You go to the settings option. Once there, you give the option of connections (it usually comes out in the first option).
- Then you will have many options. You give the network connection option. Within this option, you should look at the network mode option.
- Now notice what it says. There are several options: you can get 2 G, 3G, or 4G.
- If you already have it located, the option that you will surely have activated will be to connect automatically (as is logical) to get the best connection and coverage at all times.
- If you do not have the option to connect automatically then do not worry because you did not have the option activated. That is, if for any reason there is not a good connection, your phone will be slow, it will not have good coverage or none at all, etc. but as a small or large advantage at that time, the battery will not go down. That is all.
- If, on the contrary, if you had the option activated (which is, we repeat, the most logical thing) then you simply have to manually activate one of those three options yourself. That is, 2 G, 3G, or 4G.
- Since what you don’t want is to have 4G activated, then don’t activate it. You have the other options.
- So far, these would be the steps to follow to uninstall 4G from your mobile phone. Easy. Whenever you want or need to reconnect it, as simple as repeating the previous steps.
- Although it all sounds a bit Chinese and not everyone really knows the meaning of 3G or 4G, it is nothing more than a type of internet connection. No more. But very important to have and have a good, more or less fast internet connection on your devices.
- Until now, the most common is that mobile phones had 3G (although many still use it). It was replaced by a better connection, such as 4G and now, only in some operators is 5G beginning to be seen.
- The fact of having a 3G, 4G or 5G has a great influence. Well yes… the truth. You have to be clear. It is like anything that is made better. There will always be improvements that are more productive and interest us more.
- In the case, for example, of having a 3G connection, it will mean that the speed of the internet connection will not exceed seven Mb per second. Eye, you hallucinate with the next one, which is the 4G. It went from seven to more than one hundred (150mb) per second. As you can see, the change is at least abysmal.
- The million dollar question also comes now…. Because not all telephone operators have the same connection. Eye. From 5G there are few, very few or I think there is even only one. But today, 4G, almost all if not all mobile phone operators have it. At least, the most common and famous: Moister, Vodafone, Yogi, Orange…
- After everything already mentioned, except for the innumerable changes that many devices usually make and it is crazy many times to access applications well and see certain things in detail, once you find it, it is not complicated at all to deactivate 4G.
- That there are many advantages of having and using 4G, yes. Of course. Much more when compared to the predecessor 3G. For many reasons… the speed to surf the internet, the much faster connection, watch movies without interruptions, listen to music without problems or cuts or skipping, you will be able to make and receive perfect video calls without that damn annoying bad coverage where you could hear stuttering, the image was cut, sections were skipped… it was disastrous. You can watch videos, stories, social networks, browse the internet much faster, open multiple pages and navigate through them without problems… etc. All this is possible thanks to 4G, which has more speed.
- Of course, those who may be lucky enough to already enjoy 5G should be the rod and a pass, as long as they can have good coverage in the area for it.
Do not despair if your telephone operator promised you a speed of so many Mb/s and it turns out that you are noticing that they do not reach you in full. Neither to you, nor generally, to anyone. Besides, it also depends on many factors… the area, the good connection, the coverage, the area you live in, the number of people who connect…
What do you need to disable 4G on Android?
- Have a smartphone mobile phone.
- Have internet connection.
- Make sure that your phone has 4G, if not; you will have to buy a medium or high-end one to carry it.
- Cross your fingers so that there is good coverage in the area where you are.
- That the telephone operator has that 4G connection available.
Tips to disable 4G on Android
Another thing to keep in mind is that even though your operator assures you that you have a maximum speed, obviously, you will not always have it. In fact, you may never have that speed. How? The 4G speed will always depend on where you are and, therefore, on the coverage and the connection that it can take and have. In some cases, especially in summer, depending on all the people who are using it, you will see that the speed varies and the same happens with the coverage. If there is no coverage or it is regular, you will see it reflected in the speed of your connection, in the cuts, etc.
Unfortunately, not all parts or areas have the same type of connection or are equally well connected. In areas more like cities, they are generally better located, although they can also have their limitations, especially when it fills up in summer and everyone begins to use the same type of connection.