Technology has helped the world change. Thanks to it, not only are there many more types of jobs, but there are also new ways to carry them out. In fact, some don’t even require you to go to an office. If you have a computer and internet at home, you can fulfill your work responsibilities from there.
Thanks to advances in technology, you can meet people online, be friends with them, and even start a romantic relationship, regardless of whether they live in the same country or speak the same language.
It also offers the opportunity to keep in touch with friends and family from anywhere in the world. In short, technology has managed to reduce distances and bring us closer to our loved ones.
Not satisfied with changing the world of adults, it has also changed that of children. Now there are other ways to study, investigate and even play. Before the advent of the internet, many of us would go out on the streets to meet our friends to play any number of traditional local games.
Sometimes we invented new games and included anyone who wanted to participate. However, when the internet saw the light of day, and began to be accessible to the vast majority, the games, with which children were entertained, also changed.
The Internet offers a wide variety of online games. Many others can be downloaded and, those who have video game consoles buy them online. Each game has a specific purpose or goal, depending on how complex it is and the design of the game; it will surely be a success.
Are you interested in learning how to design your own video games? How can you do it with Unity? In this post I will tell you the procedure you must follow.
Instructions for designing video games with Unity
Unity is a game development tool. This software has also been used to create interactive virtual reality experiences and even miniseries. In these cases, the editor has been used to process and view all the chapters that make up the miniseries in real time.
It is responsible for uniting everything you want to use in your video game. For example: 2D or 3D models , sound effects, animations, music, interactivity, gameplay for you to create levels and worlds in your video game, which you can export for use on consoles, computers and cell phones.
At the moment you start playing, it is in charge of transmitting all the instructions to the CPU and to our video card or graphics card, which are in charge of generating the images that will be seen in your worlds.
What do you need to design video games with Unity?
To design your own video games, you will need the following:
- Video games generally generate between 30 and 60 images every second. When there is a rapid succession of those images, you can visualize, in a fluid way, what are the actions that take place in video games.
- To do this, each of the images must use the processor and video card of your console, computer or cell phone, in order to work correctly.
- During this process of creating the game images, Unity provides you with high-performance software architecture. In this way, you can forget about certain details of a technical nature and focus on developing your video game.
- These are the ones in charge of controlling the interaction that occurs in video games. With Unity you can create the scripts that are responsible for detecting when you press a button and, once you activate the command, the character can react.
- The scripts will also help you to control the camera of your game, the flow between missions or scenes, the logical sense of life, the artificial intelligence of the game counterpart, and the conditions for achieving victory or, conversely, defeat, among other interactions that occur within the video game.
- With Unity you have the advantage that you can write them all and that it itself takes care that they work on the different devices where the game will be used.
- This is a fundamental element in any video game. This software makes it possible for you to add sounds to your video game, which will be positioned in each of the worlds that you show. It also offers you the possibility to control the soundtrack and the voices of the characters.
- Finally, you need to show important information to your players. This information is directly related to the game. For example, if the game is a shooter game, you should tell them how many bullets they have available, as well as how many lives the character has left.
- This will allow the player to know how he should behave in the video game universe. In this case, Unity will help you create interfaces that are consistent with these characteristics.
=> Join the Waitlist for Early Access.
Tips for designing video games with Unity
Now, you will surely want to know why you should choose Unity over other programs. Next, I will be giving you some reasons:
- Being able to monetize your video game.
- To carry out analytics that allow you to know how users play.
- Carry out constructions, remotely, from the cloud.
- Work together with other people on the same project, in order to offer a system similar to version control.
- Obtain a certificate from the company. This certificate will depend on the type of career you have chosen, whether artistic or technical. In this way, you will be able to validate your knowledge, which will allow you to have the possibility of getting a job.
In addition to this, it offers many collaboration tools, player retention, purchases, multiplayer, and diagnostics, among other things that you can find on its website.
The great advantage of this tool is that it allows you to focus on what is most important: the creation of your video game. Therefore, it is the best option you have and, as you have already noticed, it is very easy to use.
What are you waiting for to start using Unity and earn money designing and selling your own video games? You will see that, once you try it, you will not regret it. It will be a great ally for you and for your personal and professional projects.
Tanner AbrahamData Scientist and Software Engineer with a focus on experimental projects in new budding technologies that incorporate machine learning and quantum computing into web applications.
=> Join the Waitlist for Early Access.