At a party, one of the things that cannot be missing is the drink. Regardless of whether the party is for children or adults, you must make sure that the guests are well hydrated so that they are comfortable at the party, eat their appetizers and have a good time.
In general, these drinks, whether alcoholic or not, are always served cold. To do this, they must be well chilled, either in the refrigerator or in a cellar with ice. In fact, these drinks are often served with a bit of ice, especially during the summer season.
The big problem with any party is that the ice tends to run out very soon and, therefore, you always have to buy more, either because the ice has run out or the one that was there has melted. The truth is that we all wish that the ice could last a little longer. If it didn’t melt so easily, you might not need to go shopping for more.
Ice melts though, that’s a fundamental truth. But is there any chance to make an ice cube that won’t melt? This idea may go against nature and the laws of physics. But, the truth is that there is the possibility of keeping the ice for much longer; are you interested in knowing how? If so, look no further. In this post you will find everything you need to know about it.
You will be amazed at the results and it will be the holy remedy to the recurring problem of melted ice at parties and any other special occasion. In addition, it will give a lot to talk about and you will have the opportunity to involve the members of your house in this experiment, which will foster unity and make them true accomplices.
Instructions to create an ice cube that does not melt
Those who have gone to a bar to have a few drinks in the company of their friends, have been able to notice that the ice they serve in drinks usually lasts much longer than the one we have at home. It doesn’t even seem to melt. Actually, they do melt, but more slowly.
Would you like to know what mistakes we usually make when making ice? Better yet, would you like to know some secrets to prepare them so they don’t melt? To do this, you just have to make sure to follow the following instructions:
- The first thing you have to do is boil the water. One of the most recurrent mistakes we make when making ice is to fill the molds with tap water and put them in the freezer.
- To get the perfect ice cube, that is, one that is compact, hard and transparent, the water must be boiled. In this way, the oxygen will escape and, when frozen, it will be free of defects and impurities.
- Use silicone molds. Since they are much easier to unmold, the technique we use will be less aggressive for the ice.
- Take into account the size of the cubes. Contrary to what it might seem, ice that is too big is not the best option. The larger the ice, the less surface area it will have in contact with the drink. Also, it doesn’t cool enough.
- The ideal size is between 4 and 6 centimeters. The more cubic it is, the better it will be.
What do you need to create an ice cube that does not melt?
As you may have figured out, to make ice cubes that don’t melt, you don’t need to go into a lab or become a mad scientist. This procedure is quite simple and, therefore, the materials to be used are also simple. In fact, you will only need the following:
- Boiled water. Take into account the number of ice cubes you need to know how much water to boil.
- Silicone molds. Some of their advantages are: water freezes faster, they can be unmolded with less effort, they are easy to clean, they last longer, they are safe to use in the refrigerator, etc.
As you can see, the list is quite short. Which guarantees you to enjoy ice cubes, which do not melt, for a long time?
Tips for creating an ice cube that won’t melt
Keep in mind that any transformation process takes time, which includes a liquid becoming a solid. This means that you must be patient. You have no other.
But, if you want the cube to form better internally, then you’ll have to wait a bit longer. Lower the freezer power. This way you will give it a better use and you will have better results.
Another very common mistake is to turn on the faucet and let the water run over the mold until the ice cubes come out on their own. Instead of doing this, you can let them rest, on a counter, for about 3 or 4 minutes. If it sweats a little, you will be able to unmold the ice better and serve it in the glasses.
Another very practical recommendation is to ensure that the glass, the liquid and the ice have the same temperature. When cooling the glass and the bottle, the ice water will not be diluted. When there are different temperatures between these 3 elements, the ice cubes crack and last less time.
When choosing your fridge, try to make it light in color. Dark colors attract more heat. Therefore, decide to buy one in light tones, such as white or cream, and whose paint is reflective.
When storing the ice molds, make sure to place them away from meats and other types of food, since the water will absorb their flavor and this, in turn, will be transferred to the drink, making it very unpleasant.
In case the ice is going to be in a cellar or portable refrigerator, cover its interior with aluminum foil. You can also put this trick into practice by carrying a cold drink in your backpack.
If you put these recommendations into practice, you will be sure that your ice cubes will not melt so easily. They will last longer and serve their purpose. Plus, you won’t have to leave the party to go out and buy more.