“Nothing is perfect in the world”, this phrase illustrates a great truth: even if something is very good or very well done, this does not mean that it is perfect, that is, that it does not have any type of flaws or aspects considered as negatives.
The same premise applies to both people and objects. Sometimes, advertising sells us the idea of a product, but when we buy it, we realize that it was not as good as it had been suggested, or perhaps it was not presented as it really was. That is, exhibiting its successes, but also its failures, objectively.
This is very common in technology. Since it is a very competitive field, you are always looking for opportunities to stand out from the crowd. Therefore, only one side of the coin is shown.
Such is the case of the Android operating system. Around the world there are hundreds of users with Android mobile devices. Although it is true that, in general, it works very well, the opposite is also true, there are known flaws as disadvantages, especially in some equipment.
Now, what are the disadvantages that Android presents in some mobile devices? In this short article you will find out all these important details. That way, you will have the opportunity to decide if you want to take the risk, if you can get around those disadvantages and move on or if, on the contrary, it would be better to look for another option and avoid future regrets.
Of course, we will also be talking about its advantages, the same ones that make Android one of the preferred operating systems for users around the world, competing closely with other renowned ones in the field of technology. But, without further ado, let’s get into the matter and talk about its disadvantages.
Although it sounds paradoxical, knowing the disadvantages of Android is positive, since in this way we will be aware of what the limitations of our device are. In addition, this way we will know if it is possible to give it the use we want.
Some of the disadvantages that Android presents, in some mobile devices, are the following:
- Since it is a multitasking system, something that could be considered a great advantage, this functionality does not favor our battery, since it consumes it quickly.
- To be able to close applications that are not active or to obtain a ROM, which can be customized to optimize battery consumption, requires the use of external applications.
- It is an unintuitive system, so its use can be complicated for users with little experience.
- On the other hand, it is not so easy to sync with other computers.
- You have the ability to download applications that are of poor quality.
- Since it has flaws in your system, these are used by hackers to cause cyber-attacks. So it is a very vulnerable system.
- Since it is always connected, it consumes a lot of data as well as battery, as we have pointed out above.
- The device may become hot.
- It licenses the installation of applications that are not necessary and this subtracts memory capacity from the device.
- Pure Android is limited when each manufacturer installs its own user layer.
- It does not have update support. Not all devices can be updated to the latest official version that has been released by Android. Unlike other operating systems, which offer this possibility for all your computers, regardless of hardware?
These are some of the disadvantages of Android for some mobile devices. However, in order to have an unbiased opinion, you need to know what the advantages are. Let’s see it.
What do you need
There are many benefits and, therefore, compelling reasons that lead a user to choose an Android mobile device. Some of these advantages are the following:
- Since it is open source, it makes it easy to control the device. Thanks to this, you can handle it to your liking.
- It offers you the opportunity to develop different types of applications , which can be used with the operating system, without the need for you to be an informative expert, since the development process is very simple, which is, without a doubt, a good incentive to choose Android over others.
- It has a simple, friendly and, above all, very functional interface.
- It works great on most brands of mobile equipment.
- It adapts to smartphones, tablets, smart watches, GPS, microwaves and even some computers that have an Internet connection.
- It is a multitasking tool. This means that it allows you to manage different applications at the same time, leave them in the background and even close them due to inactivity, which improves battery performance.
- Allows free use of Google applications.
- It is also possible to install applications that are external to Google Play.
- When it comes to the use of accessories, it is very versatile. For example, Android devices support chargers that are mini USB and also USB type-C. It allows the use of batteries and removable memories, as well as other external devices that are connected by a USB source.
- It offers many versions and, as long as the hardware supports it, you can always have your equipment up to date.
- In order to enhance certain features, it gives you the ability to install a custom ROM.
- Its notification system is the most organized, fast and simple there is.
- Because it is a Google operating system, it has excellent synchronization with the Cloud.
All these characteristics make the Android operating system remain in the first places of reference among others, thanks to its versatility and the freedom it offers its users. Now, what other aspects should you take into account?
=> Join the Waitlist for Early Access.
Sometimes problems start to crop up when our version of Android is out of date. In view of that, how can we update it? Very easy! You just have to follow these steps:
- Go to the settings of your electronic equipment.
- Enter the option that has the name about phone.
- While there, look for the option that says Software Update. Please note that this message may be different depending on the equipment you have.
- Then, you must click on Check for Updates. If there are updates available, it will appear on the screen for you to update.
- Finally, select the most recent update and voila! Now you can enjoy an operating system in optimal conditions.
On the other hand, there is also the option of updating your Android using the software provided by the manufacturer for the computer. Of course, this is no guarantee that you will be able to update it. In this case, everything will depend on whether the manufacturer of your equipment has prepared a new version.
Like everything in this life, Android has its advantages and disadvantages. In that case, it is you as a user who has to assess what your requirements are.
You should also keep in mind that there is a possibility that programmers and computer experts could modify these disadvantages and turn them into very practical advantages, which would leave your team practically free of future inconveniences.
Android gives you everything you need on a mobile device. In addition, you can find them of all prices, models, screen sizes, etc. In fact, the best thing Android has to offer is its offering, which is impressive.
It is completely customizable, since you can change the appearance of its interface by downloading a launcher. You can also install fully customized keyboards, themes, different icons, etc. In reality, the possibilities are endless. You have a universe in your hands.
For this reason, and for many more reasons, despite the disadvantages that it can have on some devices, millions of users continue to bet on Android, above any other option that comes their way.
Tanner AbrahamData Scientist and Software Engineer with a focus on experimental projects in new budding technologies that incorporate machine learning and quantum computing into web applications.
=> Join the Waitlist for Early Access.
The Best Apps to Create Music on Android
More and more people are interested in how to learn to mix music, since music is a fundamental aspect in the lives of many people...
What Is A VPN for Android
VPNs are still a good investment even when you know the network is secure. Internet service providers (ISPs) may sell anonymous...