The world of technology has made it possible for us to have access to a large amount of information just by moving our fingers. Not content with that, it gives us the opportunity to communicate with other people, no matter where they are in the world.
This has allowed us to continue strengthening the bonds of friendship and to be aware of the circumstances that our relatives live abroad. Above all, due to the situation that exists worldwide with Covid-19.
However, technology advances so fast that, in the blink of an eye, without realizing it, we have fallen behind and missed out on enjoying new features and updates. It’s hard to keep up, especially in countries where the economy leaves a lot to be desired. However, you will find that it is worth the effort.
One of the biggest news is the launch of the new version of Android, which is called Android 9 Pie. Have you heard of this version? Are you familiar with the functions it has? Do you know what the advantages it offers for users are? And what about the disadvantages? Are you aware of what they are?
Yes, these can be many questions. However, the truth is that getting the answers to these questions will give you the opportunity to make a good selection, when making a purchase or opting for a new operating system.
Therefore, you cannot stop reading this short article. In just a few lines you can access a lot of interesting information about this new version of Android. In addition, you will know its advantages and disadvantages, which will allow you to be on the safe side, in case you want a change in your life.
This version was originally known as Android P only. This is the version that succeeded Android Oreo and on August 6, 2018 received its official name. Unlike other versions, this one has been available for different devices, including those manufacturers that do not carry the Pixel or Nexus brand.
Some of the new features of this update are the following:
- Changes in the design and improvement of notifications: now, the time appears in the upper left edge, separated from the battery and the signal. The Google search bar has a microphone, which is used to activate voice commands. The notification panel features curved edges and notifications are now displayed in images, among many other things.
- Volume, do not disturb, power and ringtone controls: the indicator that gives the option to change from vibration to Ringtone and vice versa, now appears tilted to the right side when you also press the buttons that control the intensity of the volume. When you press the volume button, you will now be able to see your Bluetooth devices.
By holding down the power button, you will be able to see the option to take a screenshot, among other new features.
Now, these are just a few of the many new features offered by this version of Android. But what are its advantages? Let’s see it right now.
What do you need
Actually, it has many great features. Some of them are the following:
- As for navigation: it has a new application navigation system, which appears when you slide your finger from the bottom of the screen to the top.
The apps you have open will appear as cards that you can swipe from right to left. You can slide them up or down to close them.
It is a very simple, fast and easy to use system. It gives you the opportunity to see the content right where you left off. That’s not to mention quick access to your most recently used apps.
- Regarding notifications: They can be better appreciated thanks to a new and much more minimalist font. In fact, the operating system has the ability to recognize if you have never clicked on a notification and, not satisfied with that, it will suggest the option to completely block notifications from the application.
- User Interface Changes – These may not be considered breaking changes. However, small modifications also tend to please some more detailed users.
Middle volume has become a real priority. But, with a single tap on the musical note, you will have instantly muted the audio. As for the settings gear, it gives you access to a much larger menu.
In the lower navigation bar, a new icon appears which allows you to avoid accidental and annoying screen rotations. In addition, you will have the opportunity to edit your captures more easily and you will enjoy a new font, which looks very good.
Now, naturally, not everything can be rosy. There are some details of this version, which are considered as a disadvantage, what are they?
Some of the features, which do not meet the expectations of some users, are the following:
- Gesture control: it is considered complex to use, since several touches and blows must be given. Also, you have to memorize too many gestures. This has made users prefer traditional buttons.
- The brightness, which is part of the artificial intelligence of the phone.
- Its design and configuration.
- Its support of nights and
- The fact that some devices will never have the option to enjoy this version.